Remove Mould From Carpet & Upholstery, KLEVER Makes It Easy
Your carpet can be at high risk for mould growth. Mould only needs moisture, oxygen, a food source, and a porous surface to start growing. Mould spores are found naturally in the air all around us. However, if mould spores land on a damp carpet that has some dust it can feed on, then mold growth will soon follow. In the wet climate of Auckland, carpet provides the perfect breeding ground for mould. Carpet near windows with condensation or below ground in basements is particularly susceptible.
Why Is Mouldy Carpet A Problem?
Moulds produce allergens that can cause irritations and allergic reactions in humans. Some mould release chemicals called mycotoxins which can be very dangerous. Inhaling or touching mould or their spores can also cause allergic reactions in people who are sensitive.
If you’re suffering from Asthma flare ups or hay fever-type symptoms, such as sneezing, runny nose, red eyes, or skin rash (dermatitis), Mould in your home’s carpet may be to blame. Allergic reactions to mold are common. They can show quickly or be more subtle and delayed. immediate or delayed.
How We Remove Mould From Carpet
In cases of extensive mould growth cleaning will not be possible. If growth has occurred for several months or covers a large area, replacement may be the only option.
Luckily, if you catch the mould early and call us, we can usually remove it and prevent it from spreading any further. Mould removal requires a multi-step approach to tackle each part of the problem.
- Treat the area with non-toxic enzyme based product that ‘eats’ the mould and begins breaking it down. Using a hard bristle scrubber when then work the chemical into the carpet fibers to ensure contact with all mould and further break up the stain.
- If we suspect the mould growth originated from below the carpet, we may also lift the carpet and treat the underside of the weave and the underlay as well. This is how we stop the mould from coming back.
- After 15-20 minutes the enzyme cleaner has finished working its magic and the mould has been broken down to looser particles. It’s now time to extract the broken down mould stain using steam injection and extraction techniques. Steam not only releases stains from the carpet fibres it also kills bacteria and mould.
- Steps 1-3 may need to be repeated several times to get ALL the mould present out of the carpet.
- It’s important that we extract every last drop of moisture possible. Any left over water in the carpet will leave places for the mould to hide and return.
- Finally we use an acid wash and antimicrobial spray to kill anything left behind. This leaves the carpet in an acidic low pH state that prevents re-soiling and inhibits growth of new mould.
Why Choose KLEVER
At KLEVER, we believe in providing perfect customer service every time. We use the very best steam cleaning equipment & chemicals available. We especially pride ourselves on the thorough and innovative methods we use to clean carpets. The result is a clean, dry carpet that’s free of odours. You can be certain we won’t finish the job until your carpet is as clean as humanly possible.
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
There may be an issue with the Instagram Access Token that you are using. Your server might also be unable to connect to Instagram at this time.
Error: No posts found.
Make sure this account has posts available on instagram.com.
Error: admin-ajax.php test was not successful. Some features may not be available.
Please visit this page to troubleshoot.
We make sure that you get the mould stain out without wasting money on unnecessary treatments.
Our guarantee is that if we can’t get the mould out of your carpet, it doesn’t come out. We work until the stain is as gone as it can be.
Your KLEVER technician is a pro. They work with you to get the best result possible. We’re committed to ethical business and never push useless products or services.
What You Get With Mould Stain Removal Service
The Mould stain will get spot treated with the appropriate chemicals to break down the fungus. We then extract with steam, sterilizing and sanitizing the area. We will repeat the spot treatment until all marks & stains are removed. Our professional technicians are always friendly and service minded wearing neat and clean uniforms.
We respect you and your home and take care to leave no mess or damage. We’re here to help.
Our mould removal process includes…
- A specialised mould eating pre-wash spray of all carpet based on it’s type
- Separate treatment & scrubbing to break it up
- Steam cleaning with a truck mounted, 1,000 PSI steam injection & extraction carpet cleaning machine.
- Steam Clean & Sanitize All Carpet from corner to corner
- Spot Treat Small Marks & Stains as we work each room
- Professional Work & Friendly Service from a uniformed tech.
How it Works
- Dirt-encapsulating pre-wash spray all carpet
- Separately treat & scrub high traffic dirty zones
- 1,000 PSI Steam injectection & extraction
What to Expect
- Carpet that's as clean as humanly possible
- Friendly and courteous service from a happy technician
- Clean, dry & tidy after completion of work